Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First Try at a Triathlon!

Well, I can now say, "I've done it!" I not only finished my first triathlon without drowning during the dreaded swim, but I did pretty darn well! I finished 6th overall and 2nd in my age group, earning a plaque! It was a very enjoyable experience and I am totally addicted and ready to do another one! I have plenty of things to work on in order to get better. The number one thing would be my swim time. It took me 9 minutes and 30 seconds to go 400 meters. However, for just learning to officially swim in February, I don't think that is too bad. The other thing I need to work on is transition times in between each event. Too much time trying to get my shoes changed really cost me. At least that is an easy fix....practice! I'm just glad to have the first race jitters out of my system. Next race is the 10K River Run in May. It is one of my favorites! It would be a dream come true if I could place in my age group there. Who knows....








My lucky number #71...great year! You know it's a tri when you get permanent markered on your arms and legs! (This stuff doesn't come off easily. I'm still #71)

Here is the TNT team after the race. I'm in the front row, far left. Great group of people!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Terrific job Amy!

Perhaps swimming is something I could beat you at. Perhaps not. I do know I wouldn't stand a chance in the other two events.

Danna said...

Fantastic Amy! I will tell your uncle when he wakes up. Swimming is one thing I can do... it comes from learning officially (as you put it) when I was 5 in California. Too many pools around. One must learn to swim there to survive. HUGS

rev amy said...

Way to Go Amy Preacher!

Age group placement, outstanding!

I plan to River Run too. I am quite certain you will beat me,
1.because you are faster
2. because you have been in training. I have been "team not in training" lately.

But maybe I'll see you at the start.