Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Break Begins!

If I have any readers left, you'll notice my blog has taken a back seat to life lately. My tri-training has been taking up a lot of my time. I run, bike, and/or swim 6 days a week, sometimes doing more than one of those activities a day! All that while still trying to work and be a mom.

I can't tell you how ready I am for my spring break which actually started a day early for me since Harrison was sick today. He's got a fever that isn't real high, but high enough to make him slightly miserable at times, but eager to play at other times. The best thing about having a sick three-year-old is the "snuggle time" I get. Harrison is very clingy when he is sick and we shared a "do-nothing" day together that we both needed! I knew Harrison was sick on Thursday night when he came up to me at 6:30 and said, "Mommy is it still light outside because I want to go to bed." Usually, Harrison is my night owl. He is sometimes the last one to sleep in the house. We did find some time to be silly today...I told him to look sick (see far right)












I couldn't miss putting our friend Lexi's birthday pics on the blog either! We attended her birthday party earlier this month, which was a lot of fun for kids and adults! It was quite the party! Very well attended! The girl has lot of Friends! Happy #3 (belated) Lexi! You'll notice the small pink army of strawberry shortcakes. Not sure if Denise or Lexi likes Strawberry Shortcake more?! During present opening time, Lexi had lots of helpers assisting her in unwrapping. The party was well-timed with it ending right as naptime was to begin! Timing is everything!

2 comments:

Danna said...

Hey Amy,
I still check and read when you post. I post everyday and try to read my friends posts too. It isn't easy but it is one way I relax. Hugs

Danna said...

It is me again,
When you come to Washington would you like to take the kids to see Thomas the Train? I want to take these two here. Take a look at this website http://www.trainmuseum.org/DOWT/dowt_main.html The tickets go on sale on April 19th. Just getting ideas for your visit. Hugs again