Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Olan Mills Challenge


My friend Denise issued the challenge to find those old, Olan Mills photos. Well, I was able to locate one. I know there are others out there, but either my family has them or I've hidden them really well, so no one will ever find them. That is how goofy I looked back then! This one is so old that it is permanently stuck to the glass, which meant I had to do some clever photography to capture just the picture and not my reflection. It wasn't easy and you can still see some reflection...right down the middle of my face! This was the best one I could come up with though! This is my mother, father, little brother Jeff, and myself circa 1975 or 1976. Love the fake books!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Better be careful, or this is gonna end up on one of those funny e-mails! Seriously though, this is not that bad ... It is a very sweet picture of all of you.

Denise said...

AH yes. The "library" background. Amy, you look just like Amy in that pic. So cute!

Jaime said...

This is awesome! I see Maddy in you and your mamma. And your dad looks very dapper in his plaid suit. Nice, Jim.