Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Taking a Breather

If you are wondering why I haven't written lately it is because I've been busy with Science Olympiad. Science Olympiad is an extra-curricular competition that my students compete in each year. There are 23 events to coach between myself and three other coaches (science teachers), which this year, two of them are new to the event. Needless to say it is a lot of extra work beyond my regular biology class, but the kids love it. Usually, I'm a very tidy person. I don't like messes. However, as you can (or cannot) see, this is my desk at work......
Yeah, you can't even see my keyboard! That is why this weekend, right after our Science Olympiad Competition, I got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather! Saturday got an A+, with temps in the low 70's! Is it really January? Sunday, still warm, however, the Kansas wind was a blowin! I was still able to get with some girls from my Tri-training group and ride outside! It had been 9 weeks since I was on a bike outside! Wow! Was it good to be back! Here are the girls, Heidi, Ria, and Karlene, coming up a hill (into the wind).











Please Spring, come soooooon!!!

No comments: