Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

Christmas is definitely for kids. It was a joy to watch the kids open their gifts today. I am still trying to teach them to say "thank you" and be gracious. However, they are just kids and they want to get to the next surprise. Personally, I struggle with over-indulging them with mountains of toys at this time of year. I know that probably sounds bad, but I want them to understand the joy of "giving". I know as they age, they will understand this concept better.

On that note, these two made out like bandits! First thing this morning we had a visit from Santa (aka Rick, a good friend of mine married to my friend Amy #1).

Harrison told Santa his age and that he had been a good boy.

Santa brought Maddy lots of new "Groovy Girls" furniture. Very Cool!


Next, we had a wonderful brunch at Dad and Mary Pat's house. Grandpa & Grandma Wix, Uncle Bill, Brandy, Jeff and Felish were all there. Then, we opened more gifts!

Posing with some of their new toys...some very cute dinosaurs.


We spent our evening at Grandma Vicky's house.What is it with black olives? Both my kids love them and this is only way to eat them!


My cuties!




This stuffed unicorn comes with registration papers to name a real star after Maddy! She saw this at a store we were in one day and then asked Santa for it later. She about went nuts looking for it when I put her to bed tonight.


Harrison and the boys playing with his new remote control car. Thank you Rick and Uncle Jeff for getting all the toys out of the packages. Between the molded plastic, the 49 twisty ties, and the screw attaching the toy to a piece of cardboard, you guys freed all the toys! Lucky me! Frustration free! (One must imagine the meetings the toy company exec's have dreaming up new ways to frustrate parents with their packaging on Christmas day...Pure evil!)


Harrison supplying Uncle Jeff with a screw driver to free his toy from the package!


Me, Grandma Fry, and Vicky...three generations of smart women! (Kelly is also included, but she is taking the picture) (Maddy is a fourth generation smartie!) Can you believe Grandma Fry is 96 years old?!

I am so blessed to have great family. Thank you all for a day filled with laughter and memories. Now, whose up for some shopping? I've got some gift cards to spend!




One of Maddy's gifts, a pink V-Tech laptop. Future blogger?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures Amy. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Danna said...

Hi,
Looks like you had a wonderful day. I will post pictures of Christmas later tonight after I get home. I had to work today. Enjoy!