Sunday, December 23, 2007

Lightning, Thunder, and SNOW!


Saturday was the official "First Day of Winter". Wichita started off the day with approximately seven inches of snow. Frankly, it seemed more like a foot of snow, and in some places, it was more than that due to the wind. I took the kids to the grocery store early because we had no food in the house. It was snowing lightly as we entered the store, but when we came back out, the light snow had turned into a down-right blizzard. Maddy and Harrison thought it was hilarious watching me throw the groceries in the car, then enter the car myself, wind-blown and covered with snow. I could hardly see ten feet in front of my car. Driving was scary. However, the oddest part of the whole drive home was seeing lightning and hearing thunder as the snow blew across the road. It kind of gave you that feeling that the world was coming to an end. What a strange weather phenomenon! (The previous day, the temperature was 57 degrees and beautiful!)




2 comments:

Danna said...

Merry Christmas Eve!

I freak out just over an inch of snow. Of course, I am not use to snow at all. The kids would love to see me react to it. :-)

Hope you have a great day. We aren't doing much today... see my blog and Riley's Santa picture. We will be with the family tomorrow at Ruth and Steve's house. They live a few minutes away from here.

Say hi to all for us.

Kathryn said...

I totally agree. It was a mess to drive on Sat.