Tuesday, December 11, 2007

On Your Mark, Get Set, GO!




At the beginning of each race I do I have tons of adrenaline surging through my body. That is exactly how I feel with this blogging endeavor! I have started this blog for my family, friends, and myself (just to see if I could do it). Just as one paces themselves during a race, I intend to pace myself with this blog attempt. My goal is to update at least once a week, but as I get better and quicker at it, you could possibly see me updating more often.






I've been enjoying so many of my friends' blogs, that I couldn't help but think my own family and friends would enjoy seeing just exactly what goes on in my crazy, fast-paced life. Hence the reason for the blog name, Racing Through Life (But enjoying every minute of it!). I am truly blessed with a good life. Being a single mother of two, working, staying fit, enjoying family, and hanging out with my friends, is about as fun and hectic as it gets! This is life.





Therefore, today, since school has been cancelled due to an ice storm, I finally have time to start my new adventure. Thank you to my good friends, Denise and Jaime, for leading the way. Even more thanks to James for the "happy" photo of the Harrison, Maddy and me. She went with my crazy vision of a "fun and happy" photo during a recent Sunday afternoon. Kids don't always do what adults want them to, so we jumped a lot trying to get our picture. The photo collage cards have been ordered, and you'll all soon have your copy in the mail! (If you want one and I don't have your mailing address, get it to me soon!)





Now, I must entertain two children who are stuck inside on this winter day. On your mark, get set, go!

10 comments:

Jaime said...

Awesome stuff, Ames. Keep it coming!

KRyan said...

Love the pic and page, Ames! Can't wait to see more.

Denise said...

Amy -- perfect title! I would never have come up with something that good. Sorry I did not write you back earlier. Could not get the link to work. But this is great.

Unknown said...

I will read this thing only if you give me running tips on how to beat you!

Travis said...

Amy... welcome to this new community. Now... can i have running tips too?

Lori said...

A big welcome, Amy. Now I can devote even MORE of my life to reading other peple's blogs. I look forward to it.

AaronSCSHAMLET said...

Hi Amy, Grandma Dee and Aaron just viewed your first blog! Tell us how you did on your race in Tucson. We are fine and getting ready for Christmas. (Aaron: By the way, I just got into blogging myself! Our english teacher helped the whole senior class set up blog accounts for us) We love and miss you and wish you were here!
- Aaron (with Grandma Dee right here)

Danna said...

Hi Amy,
I just started my blog also at the end of December. Many of the colleges are having blogs so part of my learning is due to being informed and the other is due to the fact that I have blogger friends all over the US (that I have never met). I have been reading their blogs for a couple of years. Aaron came home with an assignment in Language Arts which required a blog and so we both started a blog that night. His is mainly for his assignments. Mine is somewhat a journal that my family and friends can view. You can find it at dannasdailydata.blogspot.com Hope you come and visit from time to time. I will you too. Say hi to all. Hope you are having a great Christmas Season. Danna

Danna said...

Sorry... I meant started at the end of November. I am very new at this... just learned to post a picture. I am trying to learn to post a link.

Suzanne said...

I love the picture-pure joy!!! I am impressed, Amy. Way to go!