Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fun with Friends, Little and Big

With all the snow that has been keeping us inside, the kids and I have been visiting friends over the past few school-free days. I AM SICK OF SNOW! Today, I'm going to drive to the west side of town just to run on the paths that get cleared.
Denise and Lexi had us over for chili one night this week. Maddy, my chili expert, told Denise that she "loved" her chili! (Denise, you may recall I went to the Chili Cook-Off on Maddy's due date trying to persuade her to be born on time. It didn't work, but she does like chili...coincidence?)Lexi got a cool game for Christmas that she showed Harrison and Maddy how to play. They all did such a nice job of taking turns. The game is called Cariboo and it is made especially for toddlers.

Jaime and Carter dropped by later to show us her new car, so the kids snuggled up together to watch "Jungle Book" while the adults talked.



I actually had a Girl's Night Out last night since Maddy and Harrison were at their Dad's house. Denise, Jaime, Carrie, and I went out to eat at the Old Town Bistro. Nothing beats a dinner with good friends that make you laugh. These girls are celebrities too! A city councilman at another table bought us desserts! Sorry no pics!


Later, I met up with these guys at Oeno's Wine Bar. Nick is a good friend of mine who plays the guitar in my church band on Saturday nights. He also plays guitar and sings in a real band called, The Smuggling Yo Yo's! The girl sitting next to me is Stefanie. She rode the century ride with me in Arizona and she says she is going to do the Philadelphia Triathlon with me in June. (You'd better get to training girl!) We had just ordered two "flights" of wine. This is where they bring you three small glasses of wine so you can taste several varieties without drinking an entire glass of wine. So, it looks like we are really partying it up, but I was home in bed by midnight!

1 comment:

Danna said...

Hi Amy,

It is so fun to read your postings. I finally got pictures up from Christmas Day today.

{Hugs}